I’m still making progress towards getting my app, Scale Shuffle, ready to submit to the App Store. (The app displays a random scale as a music practice tool.) Today I spent some time making sure it looks good (or at least ok) at various text scaling sizes. This required changes to every screen. At first I thought I was going to have to lose the icons on the Resources screen, and then my friend Ben pointed me towards the documentation for the Dynamic Type Size environmental variable.
This week I was assembling a sizzle reel for a client of their recent media coverage. One of the clips looked fine when I previewed it in Finder and even when I opened it in QuickTime, but was stuttery in Premiere Pro. It seemed to be a problem with the frame rates, but I couldn’t seem to resolve it in a satisfactory way. Neither Premiere Pro nor Media Encoder could create a version that worked. Saving from QuickTime caused the quality to deteriorate unacceptably. I was about to give up, when I decided to try using Final Cut Pro, which I don’t much know how to use.
Ultimately I managed to figure out how to open the file in a project, place it in a timeline and save it out as a new version which worked great in the Premiere Pro project. I’m so used to only using Premiere for everything. This is a good reminder to try out some of the other tools I have laying around rather than banging my head against something for too long.